Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Monroe School District! We have many opportunities available for families and community members to be involved in our schools. Below are just a few of our volunteer opportunities. We strive to find the perfect fit for our generous volunteers, so please don't let the list restrict your interest.
Field Trip Chaperones
Requirements for Volunteering
Our top priority is keeping our students, staff and volunteers safe. Therefore, we require all volunteers, including field trip chaperones, to submit a volunteer application packet and be approved in order to spend time on campus or with our students. Volunteer applications must be submitted annually and include:
- Personal Information Collection
- Statement affirming understanding of: Confidentiality, Discrimination and Prohibiting Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying laws and procedures
- Criminal History Disclosure/WSP Criminal Background Check
All volunteers, including one-time volunteers and visitors must:
- Sign in and out in the main office at the school/site location,
- Wear identification badge at all times while on campus or on a field trip,
- Acknowledge that relationships developed with children at school need to remain at school and that, for their own protection, volunteers should never be left alone with a child that is out of view of school personnel or another adult volunteer.